SCT: An Innovative Approach to Sustainable Change
Pre-Conference Institute: Saturday & Sunday, April 2 & 3
Two-Day Experiential Training
Five-Day Conference: Monday – Friday, April 4 – 8
1.5 Hour Workshops
We are looking for interactive sessions that focus on SCT applications, theory or research in clinical, organizational, educational or everyday contexts. Please plan time for discussion as well as presentation of material.
The information you provide will be used in evaluating your proposal and developing the conference program. It will be available on the website to help participants select the trainings that best match their goals. The information requested here is also required by the American Psychological Association in order for SCTRI to provide continuing education (CE) credits.
The deadline for submitting your proposal is October 24. If you have any questions, please contact Janneke Maas (Netherlands) or Åsa Bergquist Håål (Sweden).
You will be notified of your acceptance in mid-December. Please note: All presenters are expected to register, pay for and attend the Conference.
Workshops and trainings at the SCT Annual Conference will only be recorded for the purpose of supporting the learning of members of that training or for the benefit of SCTRI-as-a-whole, for the purposes of research, or for use in helping SCT cross the boundary to the wider world. Participants in any recorded training must give express permission to record prior to the event. Please contact Janneke Maas with any questions around recording.
Guidelines for Submitting Your Proposal:
Please Note, you must be logged in to the SCTRI website to add a new proposal or revise a proposal. If your name appears in the top right of the screen, you are logged in.
If you are an SCTRI member or have attended the SCT Annual Conference since 2016, you already have a user name and password. Click the blue "Login" link in the top right.
If you do not recall your user name or password, click the blue "Login" link in the top right & then click the gray "Reset Password" button & follow the prompts.
Questions? Contact Kathy Lum at email@example.com.
Submitting a New Proposal:
In an effort to support you in submitting a strong and complete proposal, we have included a checklist. The checklist will guide you through all the fields in the proposal, helping you create strong content that meets APA guidelines. Please find the checklist here.
Click the “New Proposal” button below to see the information you will need to provide. Follow the links throughout the form for guidelines on presenter bios, learning objectives, presentation content, and supporting references.
Cloning Your 2021 Proposal:
You can clone your 2021 proposal and revise it for 2022. Click the link to Clone a 2021 Workshop Proposal. After you clone your proposal, you can make changes and save it as a draft or submit it as complete. Your proposal(s) will now be displayed in the list at the bottom of the page. Select the “Edit” link next to the proposal to make additional changes.
Your proposal(s) will be displayed in the list at the bottom of the page. Select the “Edit” link next to the proposal you wish to revise.
Note: APA requires that at least 3 of your references are within the last 10 years. You may need to update the references on your 2021 proposal. You can list additional references older than 10 years.
- We recommend that you complete your proposal in a Word document before starting the online proposal form so that you can copy & paste the information and reduce the chance of being logged out or losing your information.
- You can save a DRAFT of your proposal and SUBMIT it at a later time. You will see a list of any proposals you have submitted or saved at the bottom of this page. Use the "Edit" link to update your workshop details or the "View" link to see a summary. The website will timeout after 1 hour and your draft will not be saved unless you tick the "SAVE AS DRAFT" box at the bottom of the form and press the "SAVE" button. We recommend that you save your work as you go along.
- You will be asked for the following information:
- Event Type – select Weekend Institute or Conference Event
- Category – select Institute, Afternoon Workshop, etc
- Title - a clear and informative title that lets the participant understand what to expect from your workshop
- Description - a brief description (maximum of 65 words). For institutes and morning training groups, please include any prerequisites. This information will appear on the website.
- Theme - a brief description of how your proposal relates to the conference theme. This information is for the Program Planning Group only & will NOT appear on the website.
- Format - for example, didactic, experiential, group practicum
- Training Track – select all that apply: clinical, organizational, SAVI, research, theory & basics, education, general interest
- Training Level – open to all levels, foundation, intermediate, advanced
- Application Form – if required
- Presenter(s) Information – name, credentials, email, brief biography, CV
- Learning Objectives – afternoon workshops & drop-in groups – 3 learning objectives; institutes & multi-day training groups – 6 learning objectives
- Presentation Content - brief narrative describing how the content of your presentation is backed by broader psychological practice (e.g., is widely used, or other professionals cite it in their work), or established by research procedures (e.g. relevant research studies), or has peer reviewed published support (e.g., chapters in books, or discussed in reviews of the field), or relates to ethical/statutory/regulatory policies for professional practice.
- Supporting References – 3-5 references that support the Presentation Content narrative. At least 3 references must be current (within the last 10 years). You can list additional references older than 10 years. No more than 1 reference authored by any of the presenters.
- You will be asked to upload CVs or resumes for all presenters, as well as any required applications, when you submit your proposal, so please have these to hand.
- Please note that all fields are required and you will only be able to submit your proposal when it is complete.
- When you have completed the form please click the “Save” button. Your proposal will be displayed in the list at the bottom of the page. If you are unable to submit a proposal, please contact Kathy Lum .