Keeping You Safe
The Steering Group has been reviewing CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines to keep the Conference as safe as possible given the realities of Covid. Our policy and guidelines (updated March 10, 2023) are as follows:
With the virus at a lower level but still at large, we want to ensure that everybody can feel safe. SCT values of respect for the dignity and worth of all human beings and respect for context will inform our policy. We also expect participants to take responsibility for the well-being of themselves and for the larger system.
These guidelines are in support of those goals:
- Please test for Covid before traveling to Philadelphia as well as the day before attending the Conference. Let Kathy Lum know if you test positive and will not be attending. (email@example.com.)
- During the Conference test any time you become aware of symptoms (cough, runny nose, headaches, fever). If positive, self-isolate. Note: Bring your own tests if you can and if you need them, we will have some on-site.
- Masks: Individuals are free to choose when and if to wear masks. We will have some KN95 masks available.
- Hand sanitizers: We will also supply hand sanitizer, as will the hotel.
- Windows will be open in all training rooms for increased ventilation. Please dress appropriately.
- Group sizes have been limited to reduce exposure.
- We request that you be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 unless you have a medical exemption.
Deciding to hold the Conference in person
If you are curious about how decisions were made about holding the 2023 SCT Conference in person you can read about the process here.
Plans for the Conference location need to be made in the early summer for the following spring so that we can:
- Reserve hotel space or online hosts
- Let potential presenters know the context for their events
The Board of Directors made the decision in June 2022 that the 2023 Conference would be in person based on the following criteria:
- COVID infections were largely declining
- Vaccinations had become widely available
- Given this shift in the larger world context, we decided to bring the Conference back in person, for the benefits of the in-person experience and the connections members make with one another within the containment of the larger conference systems.
Refunds and Cancellation Policy:
In this time of Covid our refund policy for anyone testing positive for the Covid virus is as follows:
- For the Weekend Institute, full refunds minus a $50 processing fee are available up to 12 noon ET on Friday, March 24.
- For the 5-day Conference, full refunds minus a $50 processing fee are available up to 12 noon ET on Sunday, March 26.
- Excluding the above, no refunds will be made after March 15.
- If you have any questions, please get in touch with Kathy Lum at firstname.lastname@example.org.